When i read that article in wiki, my happiness knew no bounds. I decided on this quick paniyaram/pops with foxtail millet, which can be made instant. It was super hit breakfast with kids, pack it with a spicy chutney, it will vanish in minutes.
- Soak foxtail millet and methi seeds for an hour. Once it is well soaked, drain the excess water, take the soaked millet and cooked rice in a mixer jar, add green chilies, curry leaves to it and grind it to a batter. Do not add more water, just 1/4- 1/3 cup of water.
- Once ground, remove the batter to another bowl, let it rest for 30 minutes. Add baking soda to this and give it a brisk stir.
- Heat the paniyaram pan, brush the holes with oil, pour batter till 3/4th of every hole, add drops of oil to each batter filled hole. Cover and cook for a minute in a medium flame.
- Remove the cover, using a fork, turn each paniyaram and cook the other side for another minute with little oil. Remove the cooked paniyaram onto a plate. Repeat the same with the rest of the batter.
- Pack these cute pops/bombs/paniyaram with some spicy chutney for your kids dabba.
- This batter can be fermented overnight, if fermented, no need to add baking soda.