Carrot Cake was in my Baking list for a very long time. When Kalyani announced this Month's Magic Mingle Ingredients Carrot n Raisins, i decided to bake this long-waited Cake/Cup-Cake. Since Kuttu started his full-day schooling, i have got so many friends in my apartment, we get to meet downstairs to collect our kids from the school bus and do a lot of Chit-Chat. Last week, One of them gave me a packet of Nethrangkai/Banana Chips, It was so fresh, me and kuttu finished right away, without keeping any for my hubby. I wanted to return the favor to my neighbor, so i baked about 10 Muffins in a Alu-Foil holders. Kept 2 muffins for us and packed 2 each for my friends. First i thought, kuttu will not like these muffins, since it has raisins peeping from all its side. But to my surprise, he came for a second helping and once again Daddy dear was left with Clean n Clear Muffin Pan!!!!
Recipe Source : 4th Sense Cooking
1 and 1/2 cup Cake Flour
1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Cinnamon powder
Salt a pinch
2 Medim Sized Carrot finely grated
1/4 cup Raisins
1/2 Cup Oil
3/4 Cup Milk
Almond Flakes for Topping (optional)
To Make Cake Flour
Measure 1 and 1/2 All Purpose Flour. Remove 3 tbsp of Flour from it and Add 3 tbsp of Corn Flour and Sift 3 to 4 times.
- Preheat the Oven to 180C/350F. Keep the Cake tin/Muffin pan ready.
- Sieve Cake Flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a bowl. Add the grated carrots to it and mix well
- Now pour in the cooking oil, Milk, mix until well blended. Do not over beat.
- Fill muffin cups with batter upto 3/4th and bake it for 25-28 mins. To do the Tooth-pick test to check the Cup-Cakes.
- Once done, allow it to cool on a wire rack and Serve Warm.
Sending this to Magic Mingle #4, happening @ Sizzling Tastebuds, Event by Kalyani and I Love Baking#3, Happening @ Tickling palates, Kids Delight - Snack under 30 minutes, hosted by Rujuta, Event by Srivalli, Bake Fest#6, happening @ Sumee's Culinary Bites, Event by Vardhini of Zestty Palette/Cooksjoy
Bake timings differ from Oven to Oven so Bake Accordingly.