Its been long time, i have made some savory snack @ home. Kuttu Loves Murukku. So, whenever possible My dad used to send him Grand Sweets Mullu Murukku. Sometime before Kuttu asked me why amma you are not making Murukku @ home, Poor fellow!!! 🙂 This Potato Murukku is a long pending Bookmark from Raks Kitchen. Loved the recipe, very easy, Simple to make and the taste and the Crunch.
1 Cup Rice flour
1/8 tsp Asafoetida/hing
3/4 tsp Cumin seeds
Salt to taste
1/4 Cup Water (you might need even less)
1 Medium Potato
2 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp water
Oil for deep frying
- Cook potato,cool down,remove the skin and grind with softened butter and water to a smooth paste.Mix the rice flour,asafoetida,cumin and salt well.
- Add the ground paste and add water little by little and knead,to get a non sticky dough.Keep covered at all the times.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan,in between press 3-4 murukkus in the greased broad laddles. Check whether the oil is hot enough by dropping a pinch of dough into it, if it sizzles up immediately, then the oil is ready.
- Drop the murukku one by one carefully and reduce the flame to medium. Let the Muruku cook on one side, carefully flip it to other side, when the bubble reduces. When the sizzle ceases completely, take it out using slotted spoon and drain on a kitchen towel.
- They Stay well for more than 2 weeks. But i can assure it wont be there for that long, it is so damn crunchy, it will be gone Crunch, Crunch, Munch, Munch!!!!!