Pumpkin, apple and banana muffins, eggless muffins loaded with healthy nuts and seeds. These nuts and seeds loaded muffins are made with whole wheat flour and has festive flavors of cinnamon and ginger.
Vegan muffins | Pumpkin muffins | Pumpkin nuts and seeds muffins | Vegan muffins with nuts and seeds | How to bake vegan muffins | How to bake pumpkin muffins | Easy Vegan muffins | Eggless apple and banana muffins | Fall recipes | Autumn bakes | Fall pumpkin bakes | Apple Bakes | Eggless Apple and banana muffins | Banana and pumpkin muffins
If you are following my posts regularly, you must have noticed a lot of pumpkin bakes. I made a big batch of pumpkin puree and was using that stock to redo my old pumpkin bakes in the blog.
- Eggless Pumpkin Chocolate loaf cake
- Eggless Pumpkin Coconut Cake
- Vegan Pumpkin Muffins with dark chocolate chunks
adding yet another delish Vegan pumpkin muffins to the above list loaded with nuts and seeds.
Today's muffins post is also a decade old post, getting its due makeover. The old chocolate chip muffins were made with just apple and bananas, while redoing the post, i added pumpkin puree to this and substituted the sugar for jaggery powder and added loads of nuts and seeds along with chocolate chips.
These Vegan apple banana muffins are inspired from the Eggless Morning Glory Muffins , yet another healthy muffins loaded with shredded carrots, apples, nuts and seeds.
More Apple | Pumpkin | Banana Recipes
Why you should make these Loaded Muffins?
I bake muffins every week. Both my kids prefer to take a homemade muffin in their school dabba. Since they take it almost 3-4 days of a week, I try to make it as hearty as possible.
- These muffins are made eggless with whole wheat flour
- Gets done in 30 minutes.
- Can be made for a big crowd.
- Loaded with nuts and seeds, can be substituted with your choice of nuts.
- An easy grab and go snack.
- With grated apples, banana and pumpkin a whole lot of fruits and veggies in a small muffin.
- Keeps well in the refrigerator for a week. So a week's snack sorted.
Ingredients for Vegan Banana Pumpkin Muffins
- Whole wheat flour, for personal reasons i bake only with whole wheat flour. You can use All purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour.
- Leavener : This delish pumpkin muffins uses both baking powder and baking soda
- Pumpkin puree : I have used homemade pumpkin puree, store bought puree should also work well with this recipe.
- Egg replacement : These soft and fluffy vegan muffins uses mashed banana puree as egg replacement.
- Sweetener : This delicious eggless apple banana muffin uses powdered jaggery, instead of white sugar. You can also use brown sugar or white sugar too.
- Fat : I have used sunflower oil in this recipe, you can substitute it with any flavorless oil.
- Flavors : i have used a good mix of cinnamon and dried ginger in this autumn bake with pumpkin.
- Add-ons : This vegan pumpkin muffins uses nuts and seeds, along with chocolate chips in the batter. I have used a mix of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chopped hazelnuts.
How to Bake Eggless Apple Banana Pumpkin Muffins
Please check recipe card below for exact measurements of each ingredient used and also for the detailed instructions
- Measure all ingredients and let it be at room temperature. Especially pumpkin puree, if using frozen, remove it ahead, let it thaw and come to room temperature.
- In a wide bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda along with nuts , seeds and chocolate chips. Whisk well to combine.
- In another large bowl take jaggery powder, pumpkin puree To this add mashed banana and grated apple. Mix well.
- To this now add oil, cinnamon powder and ginger powder. Mix well to form a uniform liquid.
- Let us now mix dry and wet ingredients. Slowly add ½ cup flour to the wet ingredients, using a whisk combine the flour into liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 160C, pour the batter into a lined muffin pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the muffins comes out clean.
- Take the cake out of the oven, let it sit in the pan for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the muffin from the pan to the wire rack. Let it cool down and enjoy.
- I usually leave the muffins on the counter for a day, then refrigerate in an air-tight container.
- If serving from the refrigerator, reheat the muffins for 10 -20 seconds in a microwave and serve warm.
Pumpkin Apple & Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins | Vegan Muffins
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Convection oven
- Whisk and spatula
- Bowls for mixing the batter
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup jaggery powder can be substituted with brown sugar or use normal sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 bananas I used Philippines banana
- 2 royal gala apples peeled, cored and grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup mixed nuts & seeds i have used pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts and sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 160c. Line the muffin tray with liners. I have used 12-hole big muffin pan and a 12-hole mini muffin pan.
- In a bowl, take flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, dry ginger powder. Whisk this all together.
- Add nuts and seeds, along with chocolate chips to this flour mix and whisk it together.
- In another wide bowl, take jaggery powder, along with pumpkin purée and bananas. Mash it well to form a liquid.
- Add grated apple to this , along with half cup water and oil . Whisk well.
- Add cinnamon powder and dry ginger powder to this wet ingredients, whisk well to form a uniform liquid.
Mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients
- Now add ½ cup of flour mix at a time, in to the wet ingredients and mix using a whisk to form a uniform batter
- Fill the big muffin pan with ½ cup batter in each hole. I used a greased ½ measure cup, so it was easy to pour the batter. Fill the remaining batter into the mini muffin pan.
Let's Bake Muffins
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 25-28 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. The mini muffin gets done by 15-18 minutes.
- Oven temperature differs from oven to oven, so bake accordingly.
- Once the muffins are done, remove it from the oven, let it sit in the pan for 2 minutes, the remove the muffins onto a wire rack.
Store & Serve
- Let it cool completely. The muffins can remain on the kitchen counter for a day. I prefer to refrigerate in an air-tight box.
- If serving from the refrigerator, reheat the muffins for a 10-20 seconds and serve the muffins warm.
- Baking temperature varies from oven to oven, so keep an eye on the bake after 15 minutes.
- if you are using frozen pumpkin puree in the bake, then keep it out of the freezer and let it thaw completely before using in the bake.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.