2 Cups Milk Powder (i used Nestle Nido)
1 tin Condensed milk (400 gms tin)
¼ Cup Milk
2 generous pinch of saffron
2 tablespoon ghee + extra for coating your palms while shaping the pedas
¼ Cup chopped pistachios
- In a non-stick pan, take milk powder, condensed milk and mix together. It will resemble a gooey dough. Now add milk, saffron to this and Mix well.
- Keep the mixture on a Simmer flame on the stove and keep stirring. The mixture will start thickening and will come together as a mass. It will start following your ladle and you will be able to see the bottom of the pan.
- Now add ghee to this and give a quick stir and after a minute or two. Take it off the stove. Let this mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- When it is warm enough to touch, coat your palms with ghee and pinch lemon size balls off the dough and make a ball by rolling it in-between your palms. Slight press them in your palms to make a flat peda. Garnish with chopped pistachios.
- Since it is a milk product, it is advised to store it in the refrigerator. Take it out 10 minutes before serving.