1 large carrot, finely grated, approximately 1 tight cup
½ cup milk, Full fat
1 cup milk powder
½ cup sugar
4 nos cardamom pods, skin removed and seeds crushed
A generous pinch of saffron
2 tablespoon ghee
few broken cashew nuts or pistachios for garnish
- In a wide and deep microwave-able glass bowl, take 1 tablespoon of ghee, add carrots and Microwave it high for 3 minutes. Remove after every 1 minute, mix it well with a MW-safe spoon and cook again for another minute.
- After 3 minutes, you can smell the carrots cooking in ghee. While the carrots are cooking, in a measuring jug, take milk, add milk powder to it and sugar. Mix it well to make thick liquid.
- Once the carrots have nicely cooked, add the milk and sugar mixture to it, followed by saffron,remaining 1 tablespoon ghee and pounded cardamoms. Give it a good stir.
- Push it into the microwave and cook at high for 11-12 minutes. Stop the microwave after every 2 minutes, stir the mixture and continue.
- By 10 minutes or so, all the liquid would be absorbed and it will coming together as a thick mass. Keep an watchful eye and nose after this stage, it might burn pretty fast.
- It took 11 minutes in my Microwave to reach this stage. Take it out of the microwave now, give it a good stir, and let it sit for another 8-10 minutes on the kitchen counter and cool.
- Once it comes to touchable hot, grease your hands little bit and pinch ping-pong sized balls of the mixture and shape it into a peda. Garnish with cashew nuts on top and serve warm.