After making Barley dosa/Barley Adai and jowar dosa/Adai, i m now making adai with all the grains i have at home. This multi-grain adai will be a definite hit at your place,even if you are into regular adai making or not. The batter can be thinned a little bit to be made as dosai also. I make it as dosai for kuttu and bala and for us it is a thick adai. It tastes divine with aviyal (mixed vegetables with mild coconut masala in yogurt). But can be served with hot sambar and mild chutney of your choic.
¼ Cup of Each of the following
- Ragi/Finger Millet
- Chana Dal/Gram Dal
- Tuvar Dal/Split Pigeon PEas
- Horse gram dal/Kollu/Kulith
- Dhuli moong/split green gram or green gram whole
- Matta Rice/Palakkad Maata Rice (Optional)
Gingely oil for making the adai's
5-6 Red Chilies
1 Large Onion
2 sprigs of curry leaves
a small piece of ginger
|Forgot to keep Horsegram/Kulith while photographing!
- Take the grains all together in a big bowl, wash them twice with water. Soak in water for around 3-4 hours. The level of water should be an inch above the grains.
- After the required time, drain the water, take the grains in a mixer, along with other ingredients, add ¼ cup of water and grind well to a batter.
- Transfer the batter to another vessel. The batter will be very thick. Add ¼ Cup of water to the batter. If planning to make thin adai or like dosa,then add another ¼ Cup of water.
- Heat a Iron skillet/Non-stick pan, pour a laddle of batter in the center, and spread it to circle using the back of the laddle.
- Dot the edges with gingely oil. cook until crisp, flip and cook the other side too until crisp. Remove it to a serving plate.
- Serve Hot with Aviyal or a Chutney of your choice.
Packing this protein-packed adai to Cooking from a Cookbook Challenge, a Weekly event happening @ +srivalli jetti space. MLLA-71, happening @ +Nivedhanams Sowmya Space, an event by Susan, now taken over by Lisa. Let's cook with pulses, happening @ +Nayna Kanabar's space. Come join us for breakfast, happening @ +srivalli jetti space and also to Healthy Diet - Healthy Breakfast, happening @ +nandoos Kitchen , an event by +Priya Suresh space.