- Ragi/Finger Millet
- Chana Dal/Gram Dal
- Tuvar Dal/Split Pigeon PEas
- Horse gram dal/Kollu/Kulith
- Dhuli moong/split green gram or green gram whole
- Matta Rice/Palakkad Maata Rice (Optional)
Gingely oil for making the adai’s
|Forgot to keep Horsegram/Kulith while photographing!|
- Take the grains all together in a big bowl, wash them twice with water. Soak in water for around 3-4 hours. The level of water should be an inch above the grains.
- After the required time, drain the water, take the grains in a mixer, along with other ingredients, add ¼ cup of water and grind well to a batter.
- Transfer the batter to another vessel. The batter will be very thick. Add ¼ Cup of water to the batter. If planning to make thin adai or like dosa,then add another ¼ Cup of water.
- Heat a Iron skillet/Non-stick pan, pour a laddle of batter in the center, and spread it to circle using the back of the laddle.
- Dot the edges with gingely oil. cook until crisp, flip and cook the other side too until crisp. Remove it to a serving plate.
- Serve Hot with Aviyal or a Chutney of your choice.