1 cup Sweet Corn Kernels (i used frozen)
3 Medium sized Capsicums (Any Color)
2 Medium-Sized Onion, Chopped
1 Medium Tomato, finely Chopped
2 tsp tomato puree (optional, added for the color)
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 green chili, slit lengthwise
1 tsp Red Chili powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
Chopped Coriander and shredded ginger for garnishing
- Heat a pan with oil, add chopped onions, garlic, green chili and saute until onions turn translucent.
- Add Chopped Tomatoes and tomato puree and 1/4 cup of water. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder to onion-tomato and mix well. Let the Tomato cook and ooze oil out.
- Add the Frozen Corn, add 1/2 Cup of water, Cover and Cook for 10 minutes for the corn to cook.
- When the corn is half-cooked, add chopped capsicums, salt and mix well. If the Curry is dry, add another 1/2 cup of water and continue to cook with the cover on for another 10-12 minutes or until the capsicums are cooked.
- Take it off the stove, Garnish with chopped coriander and shredded ginger. Serve Hot with Roti’s/Rice.
- You can add 1/4 Cup of milk towards the end, to get a creamy curry.