For Day 5 of Blogging Marathon, I m posting one of the Sweet Punch recipe. i couldn’t bake and post when i had to, so tried it for BM. After tasting shortbread, My people weren’t ready to accept the texture and taste of these cookies. I liked them, loved the flavor of Cardamom in every bite, and bits and pieces of Almonds here and there, was awesome.
1 Cup Whole wheat flour
1/2 Cup Sugar(i Powdered it along with cardamom)
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 Cup Almond meal(coarsely powdered toasted almonds)
4-5 Green cardamom, Powdered
1/2 Cup Crisco Vegetable Shortening + 1 tbsp Water
2 tbsp Milk – 2 tbsp (or less)
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a Baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt, almond meal and cardamom powder well.
- Next add shortening and milk to the flour mixture to make dough. Dough should be very soft.
- Divide the dough and shape them into balls.Press them in-between your palms and shape the cookie
- Place the dough balls on the prepared tray. Bake the cookies for about 18 minutes or until cookies are lightly gold brown. Let it sit in the Oven for 2-3 minutes and Cool them on a Wire Rack.