For the last week of the marathon, i am gonna Revisit my old posts and refurbish them with new coat of poly!! ha, effects of watching Cars, Cars2 for a 7 days!!! 🙂 Holidays on, for my kiddo so t is Movies, Park, Play all the time!!! 🙂
For the next 3 days, i will be editing my old posts with new pictures. I have chosen recipes, which i make often. Once such is, Brinjal Rice, Quickie Mixed Rice, if you try once, you will definitely make it often, for its combo of masala’s and even the brinjal-hating kiddo’s too would love it for that Kick of spice.
2 Cups cooked Rice,
1 medium onion
1 medium tomatoes
2-3 tbsp Oil
Curry leaves a few
Salt to taste
1 tsp shredded ginger
Fresh Coriander for garnishing
Roast n Grind
2 tbsp Chana Dal/Gram Dal
1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
1 tbsp Skinned Peanuts
1 tbsp Fresh grated Coconut
5-6 Red Chillies
1/2 Cup Yoghurt
1/2 tsp of shredded ginger
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp each, cumin powder and Red Chili Powder
- Whisk the curd well. Add Ginger, cumin and red chili powder, Mix well.
- Add Salt just before serving, mix well and Serve along any mixed rice.
Making the Brinjal Rice
- Dry Roast the ingredients under Roast n Grind, except tamarind and coconut. Grind the roasted ingredients along with tamarind and coconut Coarsely.
- Remove the stem of the brinjals and slice them lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a Non-stick Pan, Splutter mustard seeds, add hing and Curry leaves.
- Add onions and saute until translucent, next add tomatoes, add 1/4 cup water and let Tomatoes Cook and become soft and ooze oil.
- Next add Brinjals, Mix well.Cover and cook in a low flame for 10 minutes.
- When the Brinjals are half-cooked, add the grounded masala powder and salt to it.Mix well.
- Cover and Cook in a Simmer flame until done, takes about 8-10 minutes.
- Take it off the stove, Add the Cooked Rice and mix well. Garnish with Coriander leaves and shredded ginger. Serve Warm with Spiced Yogurt.