1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
250 grams fresh strawberries
¼ cup sugar
- Wash and hull the strawberries, chop them roughly. Take them in a sauce pan and keep it on heat. Keep the flame simmer. Add sugar to this and mix well.
- Let this simmer in slow heat until they turn mushy and loses it shape completely. Once done, take it off the stove, let it cool, using a hand blender puree the compote. Once cool, store it in air-tight container in the fridge.
For the Chocolate Sauce
- Take chopped chocolate and coconut milk in a microwave safe mug, heat it for 30 seconds. Take it off the microwave, mix the chocolate well with the coconut milk to get a thick sauce.
- Make it just before you are going to garnish the cake.
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Grease a bundt pan with oil. This recipe will make one 8 inch cake or 2 5 inch cakes. I have used one bundt pan and one 5 inch cake pan to bake. I knew my kiddos won't wait for me to decorate and click the bundt, so i baked a proxy for them to hog, so my bundt will be see the light of my camera!😅
- In a sauce pan, heat water. Add instant coffee powder, cocoa and sugar to the water. Mix it well for the sugar to dissolve. Take it off heat and let it cool compeltely.
- Once the coffee-cocoa liquid cools completely, add oil and vinegar to it and whisk well. Keep aside until use.
- In a large bowl, take together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk well to combine. To the flour now add strawberry compote, and the coffee-cocoa liquid to the dry mix.
- Using a spatuala, combine the dry and wet ingredients together. Pour the prepared batter into the baking pans and bake the cake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, let it cool for 5 minutes, remove them from the pan and let it cool completely.
- Just before serving, pour the chocolate sauce on top, garnish with pistachios and serve along with your evening coffee/tea.
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
- Black Forest Bundt from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Bundt Cake de Crema Patelera from Merce's cake
- Chocolate Malted Bundtlettes from I Love Bundt Cakes
- Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake from Patty's Cake
- Coconut Milk Cake With Chocolate Coconut Milk Frosting from Sneha's Recipe
- Ginger- Peach Jam Cake from Faith, Hope, Love, Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Glazed Cinnamon-Raisin Roll Bundt from All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Heath Bits O`Brickel Bundt Cake from The Queen of Scones
- Kahlua Bundt Cake from Love and Confections
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting from Palatable Pastime
- Pineapple Bundt Cake from Nunca es demasiado dulce
- Poppy and Lemon Seed Bundt Cake from Patyco.candybar
- Strawberry Mocha Bundt Cake from I Camp in my Kitchen