11/2 ups Rajma/Kidney Beans
2 bay leaves
2 medium onions, chopped
2 tbsp tomato puree or 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 inch ginger
4-5 Garlic cloves
2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 tbsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1 tsp Garam masala
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Pressure Cook Rajma with little salt and required amount of water until soft.
- Heat oil in a pan, add bay leaves and onions and saute till golden. Add Ginger and garlic and saute for another minute
- Add Tomato Puree, Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder, Cumin Powder,1/2 Cup Water and Mix well. Cook till oil separates.
- Add Rajma along with the Cooking liquid and mix. Cook in a slow flame for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Salt and garam masala and Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish With Coriander leaves and Serve Hot with Roti’s or Steamed rice.