Growing up in a Tamil-Brahman Family, the only soup we tasted was amma’s Tomato rasam, ohhh!! what a flavor and aroma it still has!!! So, me too followed the same tradition of making the humble rasam or the Osaman as the soup. But then recently for the tried n tasted announced by priya, i tried Carrot Soup from Sharmi’s Space, it came out so well, now i make this very often, but in my issshhhtyle!!!!
Recipe Adapted from Sharmi’s Passions
1 Medium Carrot
1 clove of garlic, half of one medium sized Onion
1/2 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Milk
1/4tsp Pepper, freshly ground (increase to 1/2 tsp, if you need more)
1 tbsp butter
Salt to taste
- Chop onion and garlic finely. Peel the carrot and chop it roughly.
- Heat a pan with butter, saute onion and garlic until pink. Add carrots and saute for a minute or two.
- Add Water and let it cook for 10-15minutes.
- Once done, Let it sit to cool. Once cooled, Blend them together with milk.
- Take the blended soup to stove again in the same sauteed pan. Wash the blender with half cup Water and add it to the soup.
- Let it cook for 5-8 mins, add the freshly ground pepper and Serve Warm. If serving for kids, add some cream and serve.