I have modified the recipe a bit. I used a combo of Whole Wheat Flour and All Purpose Flour and used Butter in place of oil and Instead of White Sugar i used Light Brown Sugar. Loved the end Result, Fluffy, tasty and healthy!!!!
1 Cup Whole wheat flour
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Cinnamon powder
Nutmeg powder a pinch
1 cup Milk
1/2 Cup dry fruits : apricots and Raisins, Chopped
- Preheat the Oven to 180C and Grease a Cake Pan with Oil/Butter or Line it with Parchment Paper.
- Sift together all Dry ingredients in a bowl – Flour, Baking soda, Baking powder, Cinnamon powder,Nutmeg
- Add sugar to the dry ingredients. Stir in the dry fruits and butter.
- Add Milk to this mixture and Mix well. Pour the batter in the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until done.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Slice it up and Enjoy!!!